Sunday, July 29, 2012

Kick-Start

I try to make it a point to wash my face, put on make-up and dress-up every morning (or whatever time I wake up, haha).  It gives me the motivation to start my day, to keep moving forward; instead of lazing on the couch - now that I've quit my job and there's pretty much nothing to keep me motivated. 

It makes a huge difference.  Sprucing yourself up for the day ahead.  Or night ahead, if your days and nights are reversed.  Different people might do different things: some style their hair,  some just put on a nice dress, some wear shoes, or some, (and I hope that this applies to less people) simply wash their face and that's it.  Whatever you do, make sure that you feel like you look smart, cause caring about how you bring yourself directly affects how you ACTUALLY carry yourself.  And that indirectly affects how people look at you.  First impressions DO count.  A lot.

Even if you're not meeting anyone, do it for yourself anyway.  Because really, if I hadn't bothered to put on make-up and think about what to wear today,  I'd either be still in bed playing with my handphone, or watching some meaningless tv show in my pjs.  Not blogging and doing the many mundane chores that I'm supposed to get done today. 

Sometimes, all you need is that kick.


Shirt  |  Bugis Street
Skirt  |  Cotton On
Watch  |  Fossil
Bangle | Nose
Shades | Top Shop
Shoes | Mod

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter